Wednesday, April 22, 2009

No.1 Requirement

Dear Blogger:

This is the first required post I am to publish for my Intro to (Media) Arts class.
I have to be honest here. I really find this assignment restricting and not to my liking. It blocks my mentality from wandering aimlessly and forces me to work on something I'm not as keen to work on. It's alright though since it's fairly easy to discuss what needs to be delved upon.

o1. What is installation art?


Installation art is sculptured art represented in a 3-dimensional (physical) experience. This form of media expression is created for a specific site uses materials of all sorts to transform the space it occupies.



o2. What is performance art?



Performance art is the nontraditional theatrical form of self-expression. It features the activities of the artist and uses a variety of "live" media to touch on the political or topical themes of the piece. Most common medias of the performance arts are acting, poetry, music, dance and painting.



o3. Who is Laurie Anderson?

Laurie Anderson is a Glen Ellyn, Illinois native who went on to become a reknown soundtrack composer, mad violin- and keyboard-playing musician, sensational experimental music and art rock vocalist, writer, minor actress and director. (I honestly haven't the faintest idea as to how she relates to the topics of this post. She's a tangent almost.)

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment