6 days.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."

That is the line that stuck to me the most the very first time I saw Moulin Rouge! several years back, and it still hit home when it was played during 1st. Now, I would normally give you a description of the movie and tell you what I loved about it and all, but I won't do that this time around. All I will say is that it is a fantastic film that will captivate any audience and will never displease, no matter how many times you watch it. It's one of my most adored.
I think I have a couple poems befitting of the movie though. Perhaps it will explain enough. The first could represent both Satine and Christian. The second can represent either's feelings for the other.
"Never Have I Fallen"
Your lips speak soft sweetness.
Your touch a cool caress.
I am lost inside your magic.
My heart skips within your chest.
I think of you each morning,
And dream of you each night.
I think of your arms being around me,
And cannot express my delight.
Never have I fallen,
But I am quickly on my way.
You hold a heart in your hands
That has never before been given away.
"For You Are The One"
For you I would climb
The highest mountain peak.
Swim the deepest ocean,
Your love I do seek.
For you I would cross
The rivers most wide.
Walk the hottest desert sand
Just to have you by my side.
For you are the one
Who makes me feel whole.
You've captured my heart,
And have touched my soul.
For you are the one
That stepped out of my dreams.
You gave me hope
And showed me what love means.
For you alone
Are my reason to live.
For the compassion you show
And all the care that you give.
You came into my life
And made me complete.
Each time I see you
My heart skips a beat.
For you are the one
God sent from up above.
The angel I needed
For whom I do love.

-Kat

For such a fictitious movie that revolves around romance,
ReplyDeleteMoulin Rouge always robs me of that fuzzy happy-go-lucky-singalong feeling, no matter how many times I watch it.
at the end, I mean.
ReplyDelete