Dear Blogger:
I received some heartbreaking news late last night.
The house I grew up in. The same one that was inhabited by my family for over four decades and sheltered us for three generations. The place I called my home away from home, the one I had built so many memories in. That exact house will be up for sale in coming days.
I am still trying to process and come to terms with it, but I can't at the moment. Maybe it's just my inability to let things go. Maybe it's just overly attached self. I don't know for certain, but I do know that the news is not sitting right with me.
I knew something was going to be done with the house. The reality of the matter is that something was going to be done with it. It was almost inevitable. Maybe I had really hoped it would have been fixed up a bit and put up for rent. Surely there were plenty of families inquiring about it.
However, I didn't expect to fully lose the house so soon--just as I was working through some other challenges. That, in itself, is not settling nicely. Something does not agree with this decision. I do not agree with this hasty decision I was ill informed about. I am not happy, and I am beyond upset with what's to come.
I can't place my finger on it, but a force is whispering to me that this is not what is meant to happen right now. There are still too many issues that have not been addressed and resolved.
I can't have that. My grandma would not have that.
-Kat
Monday, August 22, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment